Each year on the fourth weekend of March, Hermann stakes its claim as the Sausage Capital of Missouri.
Wurstfest highlights . . .
- Sausages from the state's leading purveyors to sample and buy
- Statewide professional and amateur sausage-making contests
- German music and dancing
- Old-time sausage-making demonstrations
- Displays of antique sausage- and wine-making equipment
- Whole-hog sausage breakfast
- Wiener Dog Derbyon Sunday afternoon
- Tasting and tours at local wineries and Tin Mill Brewery
- Museum tours