Wednesday, September 23
Luncheon and presentation at Stone Hill Winery
"Arminius' Legacy of Liberty" will be presented by Wendy Enter, educator, historian and author from New Ulm, Minnesota. Luncheon tickets are $17.00 per person.
The Orchester Der Christian-Rauch-Schule
45-piece youth orchestra from Hermann's sister city, Bad Arolsen, Germany, will perform at Hermann High School. Carrie Kirchhofer Tilly, formerly of Hermann, will be a featured soloist. Free-will offering.
Thursday, September 24
Dedication of the Hermann statue
The ceremony will include a performance by the Hermann High School Kammerchor. Afterward, the Hungry Five Band will lead celebrants to a reception at the Hermannhof Winery Hofgarten, where efreshments will be served until 6:45 p.m.
Banquet at Hermann Hill Village
The evening will include music by the Weinwood Strings and the Loehnig German Band. Tickets are $33.00 per person.
Sunday, September 27
Apostle Band concert at the Amphitheatre
- Tours of local wineries
- Special displays at the German School Museum and Deutschheim State Historic Site
- A Volksmarsch
- Book signings
- The 150th anniversary of the Hermann Fire Department
- The annual BarBQ and Brats competition on Friday and Saturday
- Professor Ralph Rowlett of the University of Missouri, historical advisor for the statue project
- Dee Jay Bawden of Provo, Utah, the statue’s sculptor
- Retired British Army Major and amateur archaeologist Tony Clunn, who i n 1987 discovered what is thought to be the battle site near Kalkriese, Germany, where Hermann's troops stopped the expansion of Roman civilization. Clunn is the author of "The Quest for the Lost Roman Legions: Discovering the Varus Battlefield."
A limited number of tickets for the Wednesday luncheon and Thursday banquet are available. Tickets may be purchased at the Hermann Welcome Center, 312 Market St., and the German School, 312 Schiller St. Tickets may be ordered by mail from Historic Hermann, Inc., P.O. Box 105, Hermann, MO 65041. Make checks payable to Historic Hermann. No credit cards, please.